It can be scary dealing with design and development, so you’ll find we do things a bit differently. We quote everyting up-front and you’re only charged the time needed to do a professional job.
Or put another way, if it takes 10 hours we charge 10 hours and don’t make a profit because we’re a non-profit. The pricing below should give you an idea/ indication, but often if we have a chat you’ll find the cheaper option meets your needs.
Logos & Branding
- Standard Logo Design (1 starting concept, 3 revisions) = £250
- Custom Logo Design (3 starting concepts, 5 revisions) = £500
- Logo usage instruction sheet (“how to use your brand” for others) = £100
- Existing Logo Cleanup/ Vector (making your logo be resizeable) = £150
Business Cards, Letterhead and With Compliments
- Business Cards = £150 for three concepts and one final design with up to 6 different sets of details (front and back)
- Letterhead = £100 for one final design
- With Compliments = £50 using the Letterhead as the starting point
Posters and Flyers
- Poster Design = £100
- 2-Sided Flyer Design = £150
- Tri-Fold Leaflet = £150
- Leaflets and Brochures depend a lot of the number of pages needed and how much layout work is anticipated (eg. tables for annual reports, full graphical work up on each page or not), hence we need to talk through your project before quoting
Because this varies so much we can’t really give a ballpark figure as it depends on your project. Of course doing a range of similar items (eg. 6 jars of different flavours) takes less time than a lot of one offs.
For products, we strongly encourage getting together as much as you can before starting, eg. barcodes, ingredients list (if relevant), origin details, marks (associations, country flags, etc) as it’ll save time.
Most of the marketing work is around £100-200 depending on the complexity.
- Social Media Setup (note: Logo and Branding need to be read) = £200
- Email Newsletter Templates = £300 (2 templates, first email and lots of testing)
- Marketing Strategy = £150 (typically delivered training-session style)
- Typical 2-hour training session: £150 (includes travel if in-person)
- Half day £300 (more workshop/seminar style)
- Full day: £500 (honestly, this might be too much in one day)
- Simple/ Template Site £900 (includes all plugins, templates and 2 training sessions)
- Standard Site £1,800 (includes all plugins and 2 training sessions)
- Custom Site £3,300 (includes all plugins, graphic mockup and 2 training sessions)
- Online Shop/ eCommerce Site £4,960 (incudes all software, graphic mockup and 3 training sessions)
- Custom development of course needs a quote, and some jobs can be as little as £15 if they’re simple
- All websites are guaranteed for 3 months after launch, during which pretty much every issue is found and fixed. We fix small errors afterwards too.
- Larger sites like custom and online shops are usually broken into 3 sections, 50% deposit, 25% upon mockup, 25% upon launch.
- Hosting costs are separate, Tortilla Hosting can provide a quote if needed, most sites (apart from eCommerce) work well on their £60/year Unlimited Share Hosting
- For online sales, donations or other services (like ticketing) the provider like PayPal, Stripe or EventBrite will typically charge fees on each transaction.
- Fixed price, clearly itemised so you can see what you’re getting
- Quotes over £400 can be split into two payments, usually 50% deposit and 50% upon completion
- No VAT to pay – most of our clients don’t pay VAT
Payment & Payment Methods
- Invoices have 14 days credit
- Payment by bank transfer, cheque or card (PayPal)
- Accounts can be arranged for regularly monthly work, but we only charge the work we do up to a budget set by you (no retainers)
As a non-profit company all we ask is that you pay on time so we can pay our staff because we don’t have big reserves. It also helps us keep our prices low going forward.
We are however also happy to talk things through and on occassion work out special payment solutions; though we do this by exception to those who really need it to be fair to all our clients.
Budgets and Communication
Almost always there’s a way your budget can be matched with an appropriate service. Also, having been in the business a while there’s a good chance we’ve come across a situation similar to yours. The key is open and honest communication, just pick up the phone or drop us an email.