An eCommerce shop is a fun undertaking, but it’s also a large job. If you’re thinking of selling a few products (20 or so) then that can be handled by PayPal buttons; if you need stock control, coupons, reviews, etc then read on. Just rememebr a successful online shop takes a lot of work.
A shop site allows for the creation of a website starting with a blank sheet of paper. A graphical mockup of the homepage, internal page, product category page, product pages is made with unlimited revisions and then that mockup will be built exactly like that.
eCommerce Shop site features
- A custom mobile-friendly look to your site, built exactly as you want
- Homepage, Internal page, Category page and Product page mockups
- Email customisation and rigorous testing (orders, signups, styling, etc)
- Built on a foundation of WordPress with professional plugins (Gravity Forms)
- 3 Training Sessions (one for inputing content, one about products/ordering, one closer to launch)
- Contact form, newsletter sign-up and related forms and all the settings needed to take payments
Costs and Timescales
An ecommerce custom site involves a mockup process which takes about 2 weeks and then a custom build for another 4 weeks (there are lots of settings!). Including the training sessions and collation of content it can be live within 12-14 weeks; though it often takes a lot of time to get the product details together (there’s a lot more than photos and text!), but we’ll help you get that together.
Note: All websites need hosting and a domain name (web address), which is an annual cost. Shop sites also usually benefit from a security certificate (£60/year), which is the https:// padlock thing.
Get your Free website consultation
Don’t need a shop, then consider a Custom Site